Innovillage Pty Ltd ABN 86 646 047 690, trading as Greenhouse (we, us and our) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information, as well as how you may contact us to request access to, or correction of, that information or make a complaint regarding privacy.
Please review this policy before providing your personal information to us.
1. Personal information
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
How do we collect personal information from you?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us in a variety of ways, for example when you:
- visit our platform https://challenge.greenhouse.tech/, or our website https://greenhouse.tech/,
- participate in one of our initiatives or challenges;
- communicate with us on our social channels;
- request further information from us; or
- contact us, including by telephone or email.
We will collect most personal information directly from you when you interact with us.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The information we collect from you may include your name, email address, phone number, details of your employer and details of enquiries or complaints you make.
We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with our platform. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you visited;
- technical data, which may include your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system;
- identification details (including your name, company and affiliation);
- contact details (including your email address and phone number); and
- other information (including your photograph, interests, experience, social media links, and biography)
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with access to participate in one of our initiatives or challenges, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information so that we can:
- provide you with use of our platform and website;
- review your submissions to our initiatives or challenges;
- provide you with access to resources regarding sustainability;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- analyse and monitor general trends and patterns in the usage of the platform;
2. Information storage and use
How do we store and hold personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you may also be recorded in paper files that we store securely.
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all Greenhouse employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure;
- requiring all Greenhouse employees to complete training about information security; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practices against our own policies and against industry best practice
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our related companies.
We may also disclose your personal information where we are authorised or permitted by law to do so.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
We may share your information with subject matter experts assessing a submission to one of our challenges.
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Greenhouse operates at a global level, we may disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia.
Those recipients are likely to be located in Europe and North America.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
We will use your personal information to offer you services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners or our service providers.
Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt out instructions provided in the communication.
3. Accessing information and contacting us
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us using the contact details set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
You may also approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au/) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us using the contact details above.
Linking to other websites